Thursday, January 06, 2005

All my EX's live in Texas

Ok, I can't back that up at all, but so many people blurt this out that I have to chuckle. Especially since 90% of the people here seem to have been married at least twice. Ah, home sweet home is El Paso, and I have a new home in a warmer tent. I think that deserves a YEEEHAAA.

Other than my move not much has been happening here, which at times can be frustrating. This is compounded by the fact that we all know we could be home instead of sitting around all day. Those gripes aside I had a great holiday break that I'm thankful for.

Training starts up again on Monday and from what I hear it's going to be similar to what we did at Fort Jackson. I should be done by the 26th of January and then from their we should either be going to Fort Polk or overseas. For now I'll enjoy the low 40s temperatures, snow and -20s puts things in perspective.

4 Comments:

At Fri Jan 07, 02:40:00 AM EST, Blogger Dan-O-Mite said...

Jimmy, sorry we didn't get to hang over your break. Would have been nice to see you. We got 4-5 inches of snow yesterday. Cant wait to use my new snowshoes! Hope everything is well. When do we get to see some of those pictures we talked about?

 
At Fri Jan 07, 02:43:00 AM EST, Blogger Dan-O-Mite said...

One thing I forgot. The state announced they bought all this land in Clinton County from a paper company. The state is going to use it for conservation. Lyon Mountain is in that preserve now, and there has been some mention of restoring the fire tower. Just thought I'd let you know.

 
At Fri Jan 07, 02:45:00 AM EST, Blogger Dan-O-Mite said...

Ok last time, I swear. The lyon mtn thing. http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archive/2005/01_2005/010620057.htm

 
At Fri Jan 07, 03:09:00 PM EST, Blogger Jim Tourville said...

That's good news, I thought the fire tower was going to tip over the day we climbed up it. When I get back we'll have to hit up some other mountains too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home