Saturday, December 11, 2004

Change of Plans

I received new orders today and I wont be attached to the 467th Engineering battalion at Fort Benning Georgia. Instead I'm headed to Fort Bliss, Texas to meet up with the 29th Infantry Brigade, and the 277th Engineering Company which are all part of the Hawaii National Guard. I'm assuming things could and will change numerous times so I'm treating this all as a posibility until I get some sort of finalized answer.

I'm running incredibly low on time but I did manage to find out that they're set to go to Iraq in February and should be at a base in Balad, which is North of Iraq I believe. I also read that they should get a two week pass on December 20th, but I'm not sure if that applies to me or not.

Here's one article I found outlying a few things.

http://starbulletin.com/2004/10/03/news/story9.html

Well I'm off tomorrow morning for Texas, I'll try to get online there and flesh out everything I've learned when I arrive.

1 Comments:

At Mon Dec 13, 07:22:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
We just heard the great news that your going to be home for X-mas. Your Grandma is calling everyone, and not wasting any time talking too long. You could hear the smile in her voice, as we all share the feeling. Now I have to call Missy & Lisa, can't wait to see ya, take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home