Thursday, October 27, 2005

Clever Title Here

It's getting quiet in the Hummvees. It almost feels like everything that could possibly be said has already been said. I know every little love affairr, dark secret, greatest ambition and future plan of everyone on my crew. As for juicy going home rumors, we're all experiencing things in a bubble and if by some chance we were at the far side of this bubble any rumor spreads like wildfire in all directions until all is known. The rumors are quiet lately too, the dates for going home looking more solid.

Sitting there wasting away the last hour of my shift I'm content, I feel like time is finally winding down and I'm getting lazy. My head is flopping around until I see an odd site. Four people walking towards us, two small children and a man and woman. They pass by our vehicle three times until we get out for a closer look. It's odd to see children, I can only remember one other time that I've ever seen a child here, and behind our fences it's a larger rarity.

An Indian man with perfect english starts to chat us up. He's a captain of the cargo ship nearby and hauls his family around when his children aren't in school. Seems weird to think that these giant rusting hulks are pulling around families in their gut for months on end. Stachowicz hands the younger boy some Skittles and he shyly takes them. They continue their laps around the container yard getting what little exercise they'll be allowed before continueing on to Singapore and somewhere else that escapes me now.


I've managed to grab a friends camera and search through his photos for a few to post on my flickr account. They're up at the photo site now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/krimzen

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 28, 07:59:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dan-O-Mite said...

Hey Jim. Still not much going on here either. We got clever haloween costumes last night. We're going to be the Darth Baders. For the low low price of 2.88 we got masks and are going to wear t-shirts that say VADER with the V crossed out and a B hand written above. Kendall's 2-year olds have their party today. She's going as Bob the Tomato. She sulked out of the house with her Cauldron of Doom- a black plastic cauldron filled with cups full of goodies. Last year we went as the village people. Well, two of them. Excited for the wint'ry north? You'll be freezing in no time with the rest of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home