Saturday, July 09, 2005

Moving Soon

We should be moving within the week so it would be good if everyone held off from mailing until I get my new address. I'll post it here as soon as I get it.

It's odd but my time here is becoming a blur and I'd attribute that to the monotony of our work and daily activities. It's not that it's going by fast or slow, but instead simply a carbon copy of the day before. Many people joke that it's not unlike the movie Groundhog Day which sadly holds a bit of truth minus the driving rodent and toaster electrocutions of course. The move should change things a bit, and from what I've seen and heard our new base looks pretty comfortable for an army base in Kuwait.

A few people have asked if the events in London have had an effect on us here. For the most part we've had an increase in security but things still seem the same. From what little news I saw here it looked like the Londoners were pretty shaken but undettered by what happened. Admittedly this may just be the medias spin on it since I get a narrow slice of television footage here.

Photo Update
I've posted 4 new pictures in the photo section.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 10, 07:41:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure will be nice when you finally get your ground hog days finished. Who knows maybe you'll be through on the "real" ground hog day this February. Take care and we hope your move will be a smooth one.....and stay away from those chips! Love Mom, Dad and Pup.

 
At Mon Jul 11, 07:05:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It amazed me how unaffected Londoners seemed. They are so unemotional at times. It also was truly amazing how prepared they were for such an attack. There didn't seem to be much chaos like 9.11 granted it wasn't on that big of a scale but still. The emergency services knew what to do and I think that is why the death toll was so few compared to how many it could have been. I really must hand it to the Londoners on how they have handled the situation. I have always felt safe in London and I still do. It is only for the sake of my parents and supervisor that I have agreed to avoid London for a few weeks. Hope you have a good move and get some decent internet :-P ~Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home