Thursday, November 25, 2004

Possible Unit Station

The drill Sergeants informed us that about 50% of us had already been attached to units. I was fortunate enough to know where I may be going to. They're an engineering unit located in Memphis, Tennessee under the name 467th Enginnering Battalion Company B.

I'd say there is a possibility that I may be attached to another unit though, as this one was sent on November 12th to Fort Benning for a month of training. I figure I have a week of training here and then two weeks of training in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri so I may be too late to be attached to that unit. Although they also may just train me and ship me when I'm ready, I'm not sure.

There wasn't much information about Bravo Company but I did find this article about Charlie Company and what they would be doing. (Hopefully you wont have to register, if it asks you to then just type "army" into the top right search box and it should pop up.)

Click here for the story.

Looks like they're headed to Kuwait for a couple weeks, and then into Iraq to rebuild things. I suppose if I have to be there, that wouldn't be the worst possible job to have.

Please note: I've made 3 posts today, this one, a thanksgiving one and a training day one. Scroll down, or click on the right sidebar to view the next two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home